Friday, February 20, 2009

For All The Mothers & Grandmothers!





Last Fall I went to a little craft fair with my cousin Megan and she showed me this brand of childrens books called Usborne. I had never heard of them before, but was really impressed with what I saw. I think I ended up buying 6 books that day! The first book I bought was The Big Book of Science Things to Make and Do - It is full of so many awesome projects for kids to make. It's not just science projects but art projects too. My Mother-in-law loved this book when she was staying with us to help with the baby - I think they did a couple projects a day. She wants me to get her one to have at her house for when the grandkids are there. McKay will scour the book for a half hour before he finally decides what project he wants to do! I try and do project days a couple days a week with my boys and this has been fabulous!
I also bought the Animal Stencil Book - Carter loves for me to stencil the animals on paper and then he paints them. It has a bunch of different animals to choose from and then it has pictures and teaches you about the animals too. I bought a puzzle book that Mckay loves and I keep it in our church bag and I also bought a case of activity cards. You use a dry eraser and draw on them to complete the different activities - McKay really likes these. I sound like I should be a sales rep for this company! I looked on the back of the books and here is a website: www.UBAH.com/K0567. I was excited to see that you can order books from the site - So, now I am going to go and do a little book shopping!


No comments: