Monday, February 6, 2012

McKay's Baptism
























Catching up a little!

McKay's Baptism was truly one of the most special day's of our little families lives! 

It had been an emotional trial to get pregnant with McKay. Many rounds of unsuccessful fertility treatments. Many, many tears and lots of heart ache. Redfish was always where I went for solace. It has always been my place. I have prayed to the Lord many times on the beach of the lake. As doctor's were telling me that I could't get pregnant He was telling me that I would. And I did. James and I truly have been planning and hoping to baptize McKay at Redfish from the moment we knew he was going to be born in July! We talked about it every year that we went. Walking the beach looking for the perfect spot. When the time came we had to get permission from our Bishop to do it. So, I set the appointment and McKay walked into his office with pictures of the lake and asked if he could be baptized at his "favorite place on earth"! It was truly so sweet!

As almost everyone already knows as the boys and I were up at Redfish our house caught on fire! The day before we were supposed to baptize McKay! James had been getting ready to leave to come and join us when the fire happened. I had heard about it through text messages and didn't know if James was ok. It was a rough morning as I couldn't get people to answer my call's and was just waiting for news... I of course was so emotional when James finally called. At first we didn't know what we should do about McKay's baptism... But, we knew that it was what was most important for our little family and late the night before the baptism James finally made it. It was very emotional for everyone there when he finally made it. 

So, it was truly a special day for us as McKay was Baptized and we were able to be gathered as a family on the beach of Redfish Lake! 

I was running on auto pilot that day. Still in shock from the day before and quite emotional and trying to be in and enjoy the moment. I wish that I would have taken more pictures... Pictures of McKay with his grandma's, cousins, aunt's and uncle's who came to be with him. It meant so much to me that Carson came and brought Addy and Noah. I wish I had a picture of them. 

The Spirit was so strong that morning and it was all that James and I had ever hoped that it would be and more. We are so grateful that the Lord has blessed us with this little man who fills our lives with joy! 

Brett made a video of that morning. People who haven't seen it yet have asked for the link: McKay's Baptism. Enjoy! It brings tears to my eyes every time I watch it! Still!

2 comments:

Rachel S. Smith said...

That video was beautiful!! What a special day for you all! Thanks for sharing!

mstokes said...

Heaven on earth! And you all look way to clean and cute for camping!