Monday, February 6, 2012

Lake Powell




































We went to Lake Powell in September and completely fell in love!!! For a girl who loves the sun, beach, water and boating it was heaven! We went with our good friends from St. George the Anderson's & the Shepherd's. We were glad that the Macdonald's came too and that we were able to get to know them better. There were a lot of good memories made. A lot of practical jokes played! A lot of hours spent just relaxing and catching up with good friends.

We didn't tell McKay and Carter where we were going or who we were going with! We packed the car after they went to bed... woke them up early and loaded them up! It was a complete surprise! They guessed the whole way! When they started guessing the right people we had to end the guessing game! They were ecstatic when we walked into Subway in Kanab and the Anderson's were waiting for us! 

I did learn on this trip that I am getting older! I can do the wake boarding and knee boarding... I just feel it the next day or days! McKay was really wanting to do a 360 on the knee board. But, was a little nervous and wanted to give up after trying one time. I wouldn't let him. I promised him if he would try again that I would do it! So, he jumped back in and kept trying and trying until he got it! Only to get out of the water and tell me it was my turn! My arms hurt for two days! We were all sitting around breakfast each morning complaining about all of our aches and pains! But, were all right back at it all day long! 

We had a wonderful time with wonderful people and can't wait to go back!

Thank you to my parents who came and took Cannon for us for the week! I was a little nervous taking him since he has absolutely no fear of the water! He got to spend a special week with Grandma and Grandpa! And Grandma and Grandpa loved having him to themselves! 

No comments: