Friday, February 17, 2012

Happy Valentines






Valentine's Monster Box


Friend Gift's


















I have a love/hate relationship with Valentines day! I don't like the commercialized Valentines day at all. I don't like stuffed animal's and I have honestly asked my husband to not bring me flowers on the holiday! True! He is thoughtful enough to bring them as surprises throughout the year! He doesn't need a holiday to tell him that he has to do it!

I do love everything that it has to do with children! I love to help my children make their Valentines boxes and help them pick out treats to take to their primary teacher's and teacher's to tell them that we appreciate them. They usually get a pack of coupon's from James and I for activities for our family to do together. How better to show them that you love them than give them your time! And it is always tradition that I make them chocolate dipped strawberries. 

When I was little my Mom would make us each our own cherry pie! My Dad would always leave me a box of chocolates and a card. My Grandma Wall would always send me a Valentine with a $2 bill inside. I still had every one of the $2 bills that she had sent me up until the house fire. It's a tradition that she has continued on with her great grand children!

I usually always try to make an extra special dinner with candles and sparkly drinks... But, this year due to me being pregnant and having a major aversion to smells and food... It didn't happen! I was grateful that my Mom had sent the boys gift cards to McDonalds in their Valentines! Yes, we went to McDonalds for Valentines! The kids loved it because I never take them to McDonalds! They get to go once a year when Grandma sends them gift cards in their Valentines! It's always fun to give the children an extra special day!

1 comment:

Microsoft Office said...

microsoft outlook 2010 provides you with a world-class experience to stay productive and in touch with your personal and business networks. Seems like every time download outlook 2010 updates an office product, they make it more easy to use