Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Very Merry Christmas!

Temple Square



Making Gingerbread houses
We wondered at the end why Carter had less candy then McKay... after going through the pictures I found out why!!!



Cannon was NOT excited to open his Christmas pajamas! Or, he wasn't excited to have Carter hold him down for the picture!
Once they were open and on and he was with Grandpa... he was happy!
On Christmas Eve we always play a new game. This year we played "Chairs". You try and see how high you can stack the chairs without them falling over!
We at the Turley house do not just leave cookies for Santa - But, we leave juice for the reign deer! A very special juice that has been known to have apple juice, milk, carrots, whip cream, chocolate chips, cinnamon, oranges, bananas.... I think you get the point! The boys make it by themselves & each year it is different! But, the reign deer LOVE it!




So, I'm not one to like to post pictures of myself in the first place... and it is VERY painful to post one on Christmas morning pre-shower! But, this is what Carter gave me for Christmas! James took him shopping with my list! But, this is what he found and what he had to have! It's a horn that I can blow if I am ever in trouble! And if I am in trouble and blow the horn he will come and save me! And the necklaces around my neck are from McKay! So, I can look beautiful when I go grocery shopping!!! And you better believe that I will wear them when I go grocery shopping this week!

We were lucky enough to have my parents come and stay with us this Christmas! Carter had called and invited them a couple months before & the boys prayed every day that the roads would be good enough for them to come! I will fully admit that I was just as excited as anyone for them to come! We had a wonderful time! We went to Temple Square to see the lights with Curtis & Susan and Megan & Greg and the girls. Mom & Dad took the boys to Cabellas for an afternoon of seeing the animals, playing the shooting games & lunch. I had a list of things that I needed my Dad's help on around the house. But, mostly our time was spent just being together - watching movies, playing games, and carrying out our Christmas traditions!
The boys were spoiled this year by Santa, Grandparents, Aunts & Uncles and Cousins! It touched my heart to see the things that family gave them this year! They truly took into consideration who my little boys were and their personalities & gave them wonderful gifts! I personally know that Amy & my Mom went all over Idaho Falls to find the boxing gloves for Carter! Thank you!
I struggled this year as we are in a little rental and it just wasn't feeling "homey"... But, as the tree went and the Christmas spirit set in it started to feel like home! I learned that it doesn't matter where you are... it only matters who you have with you & the true reason. The boy's truly understood this year that we were celebrating our Savior's birth. I hope you all had a wonderful & merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Moalee said...

We had fun too. It's always better for me after I see where you live, so when you say we're in the family room watching a movie I can picture it in my mind. I know it sounds funny but it makes me feel better. I love you all, and it was nice to have Cannon like us again! xoxox

mstokes said...

Love it! The reindeer juice is a great idea. We may have to steal it! Miss you guys!