Thursday, December 9, 2010

Leader of the Poop Patrol....


I will full on admit that I have thought that it was a little funny each time that my nephews thought that it was a good idea to swallow an object... my sister-in-law's would stand watch and hope that what ever it was would pass! They would be the leader of the poop patrol! Well, on Tuesday Mr. Cannon got into Carter's wallet and I came into the room just in time to see him drop a coin into his mouth... I tried to swipe it out - but, was to late and watched as he worked to swallow it down... I called James right away & told him what had happened. He wasn't giving me enough panic! He was way tooooo calm - so, I quickly got off the phone and called my parents! In the mean time Cannon had drank a whole sippy cup of apple juice and had eaten an orange - So, he wasn't in any kind of distress. He was already running around chasing after his brothers again! It was the Mom that was in distress! After calling three medical providers this is what I got: As long as the child is not showing any immediate discomfort & can eat and drink then you need to wait it out. If he starts throwing up at any time bring him in immediately. And if the coin has not passed in three days bring him in. In the mean time everyone I know decided it was a good time to tell me all of the horror stories they had heard of children ingesting objects! This is not the time to share that information!!! So, I was now the leader of the poop patrol! Everyday I picked McKay up from school his first question was "Did Cannon poop out the coin today"! It was a family affair! We didn't know what we were waiting for - a quarter, nickel, dime or penny! We were hoping for a dime or penny! And luckily enough this morning Carter got his penny back! Well, I asked him if he wanted it back! He was very quick to turn it down! So, for all of you who have laughed when other children have done it... it will one day be your turn!!! And you will get to wear the crown of the leader of the poop patrol!

2 comments:

Rachel S. Smith said...

Never thought I would see the day when you were on poop patrol!!! :). Glad he is doing good and that you survived. 14 yrs with 4 boys and I have never had the privilege. :). I am sure my day will eventually come but for now I am glad it was your turn!

Moalee said...

You did pills, he does coins.....Glad it all came out okay! I love you, Mom
p.s. I'm waiting for children pictures!!!!!!