Monday, May 17, 2010

Another Obsession!

My Sister-in-law Kristin gave me this cute plate to hold jewelry last week when she was here. She had bought it at a local little bazaar. I LOVED it!

Then she gave this one to my Mother-in-law that she had made!!! she had bought the cute little plate at an antique shop... So, then all the people that I knew that would love them started running through my mind! AND it is soooo simple and easy!

You need a really good strong epoxy. I found mine at Walmart and It cost less than $4!
I got some cute plates at the Dollar Store
TjMaxx
The DI. I got these for my nieces!
I bought some bases at the Dollar Store and the DI.
You simply put the epoxy on the bases and let set until dry!
Then you turn around and laugh at the little man who is keeping you company!
And Voila!!! You have cute little cake plates! I made this one for $2! I am going to take them around with treats for the ladies that I go and visit teach! Seriously people $2!!!
I made this one for my Mom! It has a cute little dessert dish on the bottom of it! So, my Mother-in-law got all excited after she saw what I had made and we went back to the DI and found some really cute antique plates that she is going to make some with! My Nieces turned out soooo cute and dainty... But, I forgot to take a picture of them before I sent them back to Idaho with my Mom... They had cute little brass candlesticks as the bases! There are so many things that you could use! I have even seen people use candy dishes! So, now I have a little collection of cute plates and bases that I am collecting to make more.....

4 comments:

Rachel S. Smith said...

I love them! Now I am going to the DI to find plates that I like and copy you! One of these days, I will come up with an original idea and you will want to copy me! Btw,love the picture of Carter!

Moalee said...

I love mine it's on the kitchen counter right now, holding tomatoes!(different but pretty) I'm not going to show the girls at work, that way I have Christmas all taken care of! Thanks, I love you, Mom

Kimberly Davis said...

I am sooo going to copy your idea! They are fabulous!!!!

Keri said...

Erin,
These are so cute! I went to
the dollar store yesterday
and found a fun plate and base
that match Sarah's room so I
am making one for her today.
Thanks for all the cute ideas.
Love your oversized bags too!