Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday LOVE!

feature

Have I ever told you that I absolutely LOVE Mondays... It's something about starting a fresh new week that always puts me in a good mood! Mondays are just so refreshing for me - I think it's because I take it pretty easy on the weekends and don't get much done around the house... and when Monday finally comes around I'm pretty motivated to get a lot done! I love to start the laundry and put a little clean sparkle on the house...

So, a few months ago James put the hunt on for my Birthday present... He did really good this year and was able to keep it a secret up until about a month ago! When I was growing up I had a major fear of the dark... So, at night my parents would always leave my bedroom door cracked as I was going to bed at night - My Dad would always go out into the living room and turn on music and listen to it - One of his favorites being Kenny Rogers. So, I would lay in bed and listen to Kenny Rogers as I fell asleep... I, as many people do have a "Life List" - a list of things I want to do in this life and on that list I had that I wanted to go to a Kenny Rogers concert! So, without me knowing James found and got tickets for us to go to Kenny Rogers in concert in Las Vegas last Friday night! I did find out about the surprise about a month ago.... But, it was still the greatest thing ever! It meant so much to me that James really put so much thought into it! So, my Mom came and stayed with the boys and we headed off to Las Vegas! Airfare is totally cheap to Vegas right now, but we decided that we wanted to take a road trip! It's only 6 hours from here and we had a total blast! 6 hours of just US - it was amazing! James and I haven't left the kids together like that since McKay was 8 months old! When it comes down to it I just can never leave them... But, I sooo needed and loved this weekend with James just being his wife! So, thanks James I LOVE you so much! It was fun to come home and see all the fun things they did with my Mom and they had surprised me and planted my flower pots for me!

Sunday was my Birthday and the funny thing is that I thought I was turning 32... But, I was really only 31! It took James and my Mom together to convince me that I was really only 31! So, I didn't turn a year older I turned a year younger! We went to church and I have a new calling teaching McKays primary class - it was so cute to watch him when we walked into opening exercises together... He was so proud of me and kept telling everyone that I was his Mom and that I was his teacher too! When we got home he said "Mom, I was looking today and you were the prettiest teacher there"! That right there was the highlight of the whole day! It means a lot to a Mother to have a son who is so proud of her! James made his famous ribs in the Dutch oven for dinner and Megan and Greg and the girls came over for dinner. So, it was a really nice day with family!

My Mom left today and poor Carter had a complete breakdown when she left... He was just beside himself with tears! I kept trying to tell him that we would see her again on Friday... but, nothing worked until McKay worked his magic on him and cuddled with him for awhile. Thank you Mom for coming and staying with the boys and living my life for a couple days! I Love you!

So, We're off to another week full of school pictures, doctors appointments for shots, check up for Cannon and up to Idaho this weekend for baby blessings and a Baptism! Life just keeps us busy!

No comments: