Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Pictures... And A Few Other Things!

Easter egg hunt at Jason and Amy's! It was the first year that he just took off with the older kids and didn't sit back and wait for us to help him... it was a little sad for me - But, fun to watch him have such a good time!

Carter saw the gum and the Dominoes in his Easter basket and that was all he cared about! It seriously doesn't take much to make this little guy happy! It wasn't until later in the day that I got him to sit down and look at everything else that was in his basket!

LOVE the smile - it's the real smile! Not the forced, awkward, please hurry up and take the picture smile!

So, this year I decided it was time to re-evaluate the holidays... I have decided that Santa Clause the Easter Bunny and James and I are no longer going to give my children things that aren't useful. For Valentines day I made my boys cute little packages of treats and a couple little toys... only to have it devoured within a couple hours and the toys to be a thing of the past within a day or two... I was frustrated that I had spent money on something that was so useless... I decided that from here on out I am only going to give my children things that they can truly use and enjoy for more than 1 day. Books, games, activities and projects... The Easter Bunny brought them each one treat and that was it and the great thing was that they were more excited about everything else more than the treat! All week long they have been totaly emerged in all their new projects, books and games.

Carter coloring Easter eggs! He got his eggs the darkest because he was so patient to let them sit... Or really just because he was cold and wouldn't put his shirt on and he didn't want to get out of his blanket to get the eggs out!




1 comment:

Moalee said...

Thanks for the new pictures. I alway look forward to new ones.
Thanks for coming for Easter I know it's a lot of work with three little ones. Dad and I really enjoyed it. Love you most! Mom