Monday, November 10, 2008

My Little Shadow...

Carter is seriously a Mama's boy - where ever I am he is. If I sit down he is on my lap, if I am laying down he is right next to me, If I am in the shower he is outside the door yelling at me to unlock it!!! He will eat his dinner alone until I sit down and then he comes and gets on my lap and just takes over eating on my plate, If I am cooking he is "helping" me... In fact he is standing right behind me on the chair right now climbing up my back saying "Mama, what doin" (I hear this phrase several times a day!)... If I call James to come and get him for me so i can do something Carter is seriously offended and I have to admit that at times it makes it really difficult to get things done... I have to strategically plan what I can get done while he naps because I can't get it done while he is awake!!! However, I have to also admit that I truly love it!!! McKay is ALL about Dad and I know that this time with Carter will pass and before I know it he will be all about Dad too... I am a little nervous to see how he is going to handle this new baby... I have been trying to find things that he is interested in (he doesn't play with toys... at all!). We bought him a train track for his Birthday that he likes and I hate to admit this but it is true he LOVES Nacho Libre!!! If you put that movie in he is entertained for an hour and a half!!! So, in the mean time I revel in this time that he is giving me - and have to admit that I lay down on purpose just so he will come and cuddle with me!!! He will always come up to me and say "Mama hold you" and it melts my heart everytime!


So, I went and picked up the babies quilts at the quilt shop and when I saw how cute they turned out I don't feel near as guilty as I was!!! James asked me for a quilt for Christmas and I just might head back to the quilt shop!!!


Kristin came last week and helped me get my scrapbook room all upbacked and organized. Everytime I would walk in there and see all the boxes I would just turn and walk out and shut the door!!! It feels good to have it done - So good that I ordered a bunch of stuff for Holiday projects!!!


The ski resorts open here this week... James and McKay have been out getting all their equipment bought and ready to go. We decided that if we were going to live in Utah we needed to enjoy the things that Utah had to offer and skiing is a big one! James grew up skiing - Me on the other hand I did not! The last time I went skiing I ended up in the emergency room and spent 4 weeks on crutches!!! So, I am excited for McKay to start young and am prepared for him to be skiing better than me when I can finally go next year!!! James is really good at finding things that he can do with the boys - he goes out of his way to do it - So, I am excited for him and McKay to have this time together this winter.



1 comment:

Keri said...

What a sweet boy! Enjoy every second as it goes by too fast.
Zach used to follow me too but
now he comes up to me and says
"Mom, Follow Me!" and he takes my
hand and leads the way. I agree,
snuggle time is the best ever.
Brett will be jeolous of the skiing. He misses that most.
We may be flying him there this
winter. Thanks for the birthday
message you left on our blog. Keri