Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Just a Little Project...







I put this little album together one day last week... It was of the day that my Mom and I took the boys to Hogle Zoo this summer. I had too many pictures to do a layout so a mini album seemed like the perfect answer. There are about 20 pages in this album... with pictures of the animals bonded together to make their own pages too... The boys both love to look at it - and the pictures of the animals throughout are a hit especially for Carter.
We have had a crazy week... but, I'm starting to think that crazy is normal for us now!!! McKay has had his own rough week... We were at Walmart last week stocking up on some stuff for food storage and they had left out a step stool that had wheels on it... Well, what is any 5 year old boy going to do when his Mother isn't looking... Needless to say he lost his balance and went face first into the ground... James was there with me thank goodness because McKay doesn't handle blood very well and there was blood everywhere!!! So, as most of you know I am married to an Insurance man - he knows what to do in those situations! So, after we got McKay calmed as much as we could in that moment James took him into the main office and made a claim. The manager went out and looked at everything and told us someone would call us by Monday. Anyways, McKay was beat up pretty bad! The only thing that was even positive for him in the moment was that it was Gavin's Birthday and we were supposed to be going bowling that night! It was one night that I wished I had my camera soooo bad - he looked pretty sad. So, we had to take him to the dentist the next day and have xrays done and everything came out o.k. BUT, I have to say this about Walmart... Their claims department called us the next day and I thought that they were extremely professional and outgoing to do anything and everything to make the situation better. I was extremely impressed by their professionalism and will happily continue to shop their because of their customer support. They offered things that I didn't even expect them to offer and I was very impressed.
So, the fat lip is still there a little bit - it's getting better - But, then last night McKay was chasing Carter around the house playing tag - he had Carter cornered and Carter threw his sippie cup at McKay and nailed him right in the eye - Needless to say he now has a black eye too!!! He doesn't like the fat lip, but he thinks the black eye is pretty cool! He keeps going into the bathroom to check it out in the mirror - I told James that I thought it would be a good idea for him to take McKay out of school tomorrow to go skiing... I'm afraid that they might turn us in to social services after his big fat lip last week and a black eye this week!!!
So, a quick run down of the week past - we went to Madagascar 2 - I have to admit that I don't like the first one and wasn't too excited about going to the second one.... But, it surprised me and I thought it was really cute. We went with Megan and Greg and had a fun night with their family. One morning after I showered and was blow drying my hair McKay comes into the bathroom and says "Mom, we need a new house... our ceiling in the basement is leaking and we need a new house..." So, I ran downstairs to find water coming down through 2 lights and from a couple water blisters.... NICE! So, come to find out our shower hadn't been sealed properly and that's where the nice leak came from! James made it skiing for the first time... and the ski passes have been officially purchased! He and McKay are pretty excited. We went up to Brighton on Saturday for a drive and for breakfast and McKay was just giddy! I think he is most excited for the chair lift! We had some friends from Idaho come and visit us on Saturday too - Thanks Dave and Sheri it was fun to see you! And last but not least we sold our house in Idaho!!! Yeah! We didn't even have it listed - and it's just crazy how it happened - But, we're just so grateful that it did! We're off to Idaho again this week for another doctors appointment... So, Like I said before I think that crazy has just become our normal for this Turley family!


2 comments:

Keri said...

Wow! Erin,
You sure know how to pack it in.
What an eventful week. Glad
you all survived. Love the
mini album,You always have
the cutest ideas.
Congrats on selling your house.

Kimberly Davis said...

Your Mini Albums are beautiful...how do you find time! I'm afraid I'm in the same category as you - craziness is turning to reality - every week! I wish we could have a trip to Idaho - I miss it!