Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Yummiest!


So, I had a few friends over a couple weeks ago for a lunch and made these fabulous treats. My cousin Melissa always makes them for our family gatherings - they're always a requested item! Plus, the best thing about them is that they are so easy.
You buy sugar cookies in the bakery - you can buy the big ones or the smaller ones. I used the smaller ones, but later wished I had the bigger ones because then you could have added more fruit. Just make sure when you are buying them that they are soft.
The frosting is: 8 oz. Cream Cheese
1 TBS. Vanilla
1/2 C. Sugar
4 oz. Cool Whip
You spread the frosting over the cookie and arrange the fruit as desired. We have tried all different kinds of fruit. Strawberries, Pineapple, Grapes, Banana, Kiwi, Cherries, Mandarin Oranges, Peaches, Raspberries... are just some that we have used and they all taste wonderful - and look so pretty with all of the different colors!
If we are feeling really ambitious then we make a large Fruit Pizza with:
1 Pkg. Yellow Cake Mix
2 TBS. Water + just a little
1 Egg
1 TBS. Brown Sugar
2 TBS. Butter
You combine all ingredients and mix - the dough will be thick like a cookie dough. Spread on a greased pizza pan and bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes. Allow to cool completely and add frosting and fruit. With this size you can really use a lot of fruit and make it look really pretty!
Try them - I promise you will love them as much as we do!

2 comments:

Bonnie Young said...

CONGRATS!!! on your news. I'm so excited for you, hope you have a girl, cause they're so much fun. And the drama, let me tell you. Good luck and keep us posted!

Tandra said...

Hi there! I just found your blog thru Scarlet Lime! I just got my June kit today and its fab! I LOVE what you have done with it in th eSL Gallery!
This recipe looks yummy! I dig fruity stuff like this!
Oh and TOO scary about the campfire! YIKES!

Congrats on being a DT member for Scarlet Lime!