Friday, June 13, 2008

Girls Night Out, I Caught Myself On Fire and We're looking Forward To A Fun Weekend

Well, that's quite the title isn't it!!! First thing is first - Girls night out... Lacey (Carson's wife) and I are lucky enough to get out for a girls night out about once a month. It's usually the same thing- We start with dinner, head to the mall and shop until they close and then head to Target and shop until it's time for our movie to start (the movie theater is behind Target)! I am so grateful for James in supporting me in taking these little breaks! I look forward to them all week and am always so excited to go - But, by the time the movie is over I am always so ready to come home and miss my boys so much! I always walk right in the door and have to go and see them sleeping- and I love when they wake up the next morning because they are so excited to see me too! James is always waiting up for me on the couch to visit with me and see how my night was - AND he has always done his best to clean the house while I was gone! Yes people I do have a keeper - he is absolutely fabulous!!!


Now on to the "catching myself on fire" part of the title.... So, I have been receiving some emails from people (mostly family) who have seen my picture on The Scarlet Lime and they want to know why my hair is so short................ Yes, I was growing it out and YES the rumors you have heard about me catching myself on fire are true!!! So, this is to set the record straight and to give you all a good laugh!!! So, James and I love to camp - we spend a lot of time during the summer camping whenever we can. So, two weeks ago we had planned on going up to Palisades just for a quick over nighter... When we got up there it had been raining and all of the wood to start a fire with was wet... So, James looked all over for the best wood that he could find. He tried to start the fire for awhile and it just wouldn't go - So, he asked me to get the started fluid out of the trailer... Well, we had been camping the whole weekend before and it had rained a lot and we had used all of the starter fluid.... So, I asked him if we could just use some of the gasoline from the chainsaw... It's starting to get interesting now isn't it!!! I just felt a gasp from the crowd!!! Yes, I did know better (my Father is still mad at me) and yes, my Husband is an Eagle Scout!!! But, everything that I had brought for dinner needed to be cooked on a fire... So, James proceeded to pour some gas on the wood - Well, he had run out of matches so I ran into the trailer to get more. When I came out he asked me if I wanted him to light it and I said NO.... So, I stood back and lit a match and tried to throw it on the fire (knowing not to get too close). But, by the time it got to the wood it had blown out... I tried this three times. So, I was getting ready to do it again when I realized that Carter was standing right next to me and I asked James to pick him up and move him. Right at the same time I lit another match and was bending over to get a little closer to drop it - I was holding the match in my right hand and cupping it with my left to keep it from blowing out... WHEN the match lit the fumes from the gasoline on fire and a huge ball of fire engulfed me throwing me back down to the ground. I was o.k. no burns anywhere... HOWEVER, my hair did catch on fire and I had to role around on the ground to put it out!!! Immediately my mind went to Carter....... He had just been right there with me.............. and the way that I fell would have pushed him down into the fire. So, even though I was really afraid to go look at myself in the mirror I was more grateful than anything that Carter was o.k. and I told myself that no matter how bad I looked that I wasn't going to get upset! I sat there on the ground pulling huge clumps of burned hair out of my head - I literally have bald spots all over! So, I was trying to be brave and stay the night, but have you ever smelled burned hair??? It is AWFUL and being pregnant made it even worse. So, we packed up and headed for home - I am lucky enough to have one of my best friends who has her own salon!!! So, we called her as we were driving home and she cut my hair that night at 10:00 p.m. and we didn't get done until midnight!!! She had to cut so many pieces individually to try and save some length!!! So, yes my hair is really short - But, more than anything I am grateful that everyone is o.k.


Now, on to the really fun weekend part. Our really good friends the Spoonemore's are coming to visit us this weekend. They are coming Saturday morning and staying through Tuesday and we are just soooo excited! They live in Billings, Montana and because of that McKay refers to them as our Hannah Montana Friends!!! We have lots of fun things planned like the Riot Zone, Fishing, Ross Park (a little water park) and James is making his homemade dutch oven ribs on Sunday...
I lived in Billings for three years before I met James and they were my best friends there and will continue to be life long friends... they're family!

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend too!!!

No comments: