Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Project Days...






I have started project days with McKay. They usually happen on Tuesdays and Thursdays when he doesn't have school and when Carter is taking his nap. That's usually the only time it's safe to get the paint, stamps, glue, scissors out... It's my goal to turn the TV off for the afternoon and we spend time together making projects. We go to the craft store about once a month and pick out new and different projects. I have to admit that we like Michaels the best - they have a good section of little projects for $1. McKay's favorite thing to do is paint - so, often times he picks out little wooden airplanes and cars and things to paint.
Today however, we made this little chore book for him. We went through some magazines and he cut out the pictures (I did have to clean them up a little bit) and glued them on to 3x5 cards. I did the writing and the laminating. A few others that we did were: put your clothes away, collect and take out the garbage, take a bath, clean your room... I'll rotate the chores each morning according to the things that need to be done that day. I also thought that I would put some in there like project day, his family home evening assignment each Monday, go to the park, go skiing... to let him know what we are doing that day and let him look forward to those too...
We carved pumpkins last night... but, that is a post all on it's own!!!




2 comments:

Keri said...

What a great idea. You really are
the best mom ever! I love how you
make jobs fun and find ways to spend time individually with the
boys.

Kimberly Davis said...

O.K. Seriously when do you have time for this - you are so great, and talented! Can I ship my boys out to you for a week?