Monday, October 27, 2008

Life Keeps Us Busy!!!







2 weekends ago we headed back to Idaho for a doctors appointment... None of the hospitals or doctors down here are providers of our health insurance... So, We have decided to finish out this pregnancy with our doctor in Idaho and have the baby there... a big hastle... But, it gets us back to see family and friends! So, the boys LOVED being at Grandma and Grandpa's house! McKay and Grandpa worked in the shop and made a few projects, Carter spent most of the time cooking - it entertained him for hours as long as he had water!!! McKay was also all about bobbing for apples... he had a blast once James showed him how to pin the apples against the side and get them!!! And, we celebrated Carter's Birthday a few days early!!! It's hard to believe that he is 2!!!
Last week was full of busy things... the type that keep you running like crazy, but you wonder what you got done... We celebrated Carter's Birthday again on Thursday with Jason and Kristin and their family and Megan and Greg and their girls.
Then, on Friday James left for Arizona and my Mom came to stay with me and the boys!!! It was so nice to have her here - We did a little shopping... And she wanted to go see the Halloween decorations at Gardners Village - but, other than that we stayed close to home and just really enjoyed having her here. The boys are going through withdrawl today... After getting to see her for two weekends in a row it will be a long couple weeks before we get back to Idaho! Thanks Mom for coming!!! And thanks again for sewing my curtains!!!
So, On Friday McKay told me that some boys at school were making fun of the way he dressed and calling him a dork... and that he thought it would be a good idea if he wore his skeleton shirt that day... Right now I know that those who really know me are laughing... Because as my husband puts it I go a little overboard in dressing my kids... I have fun buying their clothes each season and enjoy having them look nice and cute!!! James even goes as far as calling me Stramboli (the pupet master on pinocchio...) So, I told McKay that if he wanted to wear his skelton shirt that was fine but that i doubted that kids were making fun of him because he had really nice clothes... So, this morning he is sitting up to the bar eating breakfast and he told James that he didn't want to go to school.... James asked him why not? He told James the same thing... that 2 boys at school called him a dork for the way he dressed... So, I was sitting in the family room and I could hear the conversation... I heard James ask him if he had told me about it... Kinda like oh no these two kinds are treading on Mom's hallowed ground!!! I told him that I knew about it... I was still doubting the situation!!! So, I told McKay that I would call his teacher today and take care of it... He almost died and told me not to because she told him that she would take care of it today..... mmm hmmm yeah right! So, then I asked him what the two boys names were... he thought for a second and said Zac and Cody (the names of the twins on a tv show he watches)... So, after awhile I told him I needed to talk to him and that I was being serious... his response: "Yeah, it sounds serious"! So, I explained to him that he needed to tell me the truth about school... If boys were being mean to him I needed to know so that I could call his teacher and take care of it... But, If they weren't and I called his teacher that wouldn't be a good thing.... So, this was his response: "Mom, it is really hard for me to tell you this... But, there aren't any boys at school teasing me.... I just made that up." Then I asked him why he made it up and he said "Because some days I don't want to go to school and I just want to stay home and be with you..."! So, I had to explain to him that some days at school are more fun than others... but that it is really important for him to go. This is paybacks - I hated school and did everything I could to get out of it clear through high school!!! My 5 year old is already starting!!! What will be next???



1 comment:

Stacey said...

Oh Man, here I was so excited for McKay to wear his skeleton shirt to school--he would be so COOL!! If he needs any, we've got characters here and I would be happy to send some!! But you're right, your boys always do look nice and cute!