Monday, May 12, 2008

A Wonderful Weekend




We had a wonderful weekend. I am lucky enough to still have great relationships with my two closest friends from growing up. Carson and his wife Lacey live here in Idaho Falls and they have two kids Addy who is McKay's age and Noah who is Carters age. We are able to spend quite a bit of time with them. McKay and Addy are in the same pre-school class and treat each other more like sibblings than anything! Jennifer and Matt are currently in medical school down in Arizona... but, their parents and family are here - and James's parents are in Arizona... So, we still get to see each other! Jennifer married Matt who just happend to be my neighbor's grandson!!! So, I grew up with Matt too!

So, Friday night we got a babysitter and went out to dinner with Carson and Lacey and then came back to our house and played games. We usually just do take out and let the kids play - So, it was a real treat to just have it be the adults! Jenn and Matt are in town with him doing a rotation here and we were able to go out to lunch with them on Saturday too!!! So, it was a special weekend to be able to spend time with such wonderful friends!

James and McKay took off on a top secret mission Saturday night... Mother's Day shopping! It's a good thing that McKay fell asleep on the way home because he isn't very good at keeping secrets! So, Sunday morning I woke up to the boys filling the bedroom with balloons - dozens of them!!! I love balloons! They always make me so happy! Plus a big bouquet of daisy's - I love daisy's! Something I think my Mother instilled in me! The boys were so excited and having a blast with the balloons! Carter wouldn't let go of them and even had to have one while he was eating dinner! James got me an ipod - now I just need someone to show me how to use the dang thing!

Thank you James for making my Mothers Day so special! I love you! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

No comments: