Thursday, May 1, 2008

Finally!!!



McKay is my Mr. Cautious... He sits back and watches everyone else! At the end of last summer we finally got him to take his training wheels off... But, he could only go straight and he didn't know how to stop! So, this spring when we got the bikes out he wanted us to put his training wheels back on and I wouldn't do it! So, I worked with him and of course bribed him (you do what you have to do!!!) and finally he just took off! I took him down to our neighbors house who have an extra large driveway and he just went around and around in circles - he did however hit the garage a couple times and left a few marks... they were so excited for him though and didn't care!!! All of our neighbors are older and they have a lot of fun and do a lot of special things for my boys - so, they have all been out watching McKay ride his bike! It's the talk of the circle! He'll come to me and say "Mom, I think that Sister Parker wants to see me ride my bike again", and off he goes to knock on her door and she always comes out to watch! I can't keep him inside - even when it's freezing cold he bundles up and goes out to ride! So, we got him a bigger bike - as you can see in the photo it was time to move up - and a helmet because he has taken a few things out!!! - Including our for sale sign!!! It's been so much fun to watch him and to see him be so proud of himself! He's growing up way too fast!

No comments: