Monday, May 5, 2008

A few things making me happy...







I spent a little bit of time at the fabric store on Saturday! My friend owns one of the little quilt shops here in town and I was lucky enough to be able to spend some time there this weekend. My Mother-in-law and Sister-in-law and I went together - all looking for different projects! I bought some fun fabric to make a couple cute aprons! I figure if you have to cook you may as well look cute doing it!!! And the third picture is a kit that I bought to make myself a little lap quilt. Everything around my house is all about boys... So, I decided that I wanted to make something a little girly!

The cake plate is a little something I picked up on a clearance table at TJ Maxx - I just love it and can imagine cute little cakes and cupcakes sitting on it!

The picnic basket is something McKay found! We love to go on picnic's at our house. However, I don't have a picnic basket to take the food in... So, when we were at Target (yes, that store gets me every time!) McKay saw it and was convinced that we had to have it! So, I look forward to all the fun little picnic's this summer with my boys!

Another fun thing happened this weekend - the trailer that James bought me for my Birthday was delivered!!! So, we have been playing in that all weekend - I have been having fun buying cute dishes and things to go inside! James keeps reminding me that it is a trailer and is for camping!!! I remind him that he bought it for "me" and I can put all the cute stuff in it I want!!! I LOVE to camp - it's one of my very favorite things! When James asked me what I wanted for my Birthday I told him to surprise me... and he did!!! I LOVE IT! I just keep going out and sitting in it and looking forward to all the memories that we will make together as a family!

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend and hope that the sun is shining where you are like it is here! I am off to plant a couple planters full of flowers! Enjoy your Monday!

1 comment:

Jennifer Payne said...

Hey! I love the fabric! We need to get together while I am here. We would love to see you.