Sunday, March 16, 2008

Just a little project!












So, here is a little Valentines card that I made for my Mom for Valentines Day. I couldn't decide what to get her so one night I put this together. The tags coming out the top (one for each of us) said all of the things that we love about her.
I love to make things... and I especially love paper. When I was little instead of playing house I would play office!!! In 6th grade our teacher let us put anything we wanted on our desks - Mine was always full of stationery and I always had special paper to pass notes on! In high school I worked at a Hallmark and before I had Carter I worked at a scrapbooking store a few hours a week - Instead of getting paid I would have them give me store credit - It was wonderful!!! (Thanks Sherelle!) Now, I have a wonderful scrapbook room of my own - James refers to it as the paper store! It makes me happy every time I walk into it! So, it's something that I haven't outgrown - it's something that has only grown!
People ask me when I have time to do things - Well, it's after the boys go to bed! James has a work area in with me and he ties flies and makes lures and I scrapbook. It's time that we get to spend together doing what we both enjoy!
Well, I hope that you have had a wonderful weekend. One last thing to leave you with - I have a friend from high school who adopted a little boy a couple years ago. They are wanting to have the opportunity to adopt again. She has asked that people spread the word - So, I am. If any of you might know of a situation or hear of one in the future please let me know. They are a wonderful couple who have the greatest love for their little boy and have so much to give another child! Thank you!

1 comment:

JANEAL said...

Thanks for spreading the word for us, I really appreciate it. That's funny that your boys names are Mckay and Carter because my Carter's middle name is MaKay. It's great to hear from you.