Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Round Two...







Well, just when you think you have everyone healthy again... Carter woke up Sunday with a fever and was throwing up by Sunday night. McKay woke up with it Monday morning... James left yesterday for Seattle until tomorrow and it has been a long couple days on my own! With both boys throwing up and running high fevers it has been pretty crazy. You never realize how much you depend on your spouse until they are gone! We spent the afternoon at the doctors office today giving McKay breathing treatments. As we were waiting at Walgreens drive through for his antibiotic I heard the dreaded words "Mom, I think I'm going to throw up"... and yes it went everywhere!!!


Carter has a little car that he got for his birthday from Jason and Amy that he scoots around on - Yesterday he was trying to scoot around on it, but didn't have the strength... So, he went and started pulling on McKay to come and push him. McKay pushes him on it all the time and it gets a little crazy but Carter loves it. Anyways, McKay had just thrown up and was cuddled up on the couch and Carter kept pulling on him to come. I was trying to distract him so that he would leave McKay alone but it wasn't working. It was so sweet as I watched McKay go over and start to push him... I told him that he didn't have to and that he could lay down and I would push him. Thats when he said "It's o.k. Mom, I'm his big brother and that's what I'm supposed to do, if I get sick again I'll just run really fast to the bathroom"... It was one of those moments that you think you must be doing something right in raising them!

Here's a couple pictures from the last two days. My Mom came to check on us and Carter wouldn't let her get up - he just wanted her to cuddle with him! McKay would give Carter a kiss everytime he was done throwing up and McKay asleep on the bean bag this morning.


Well, here's hoping that tomorrow will bring two healthy boys....


No comments: