Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Love Letters






















When I was growing up my Grandmother Wall would quite often send me hand written letters. They were treasures and still are as I have them all. My parents make such an effort to do the same with the boys. To the point that Cannon can now recognize their handwriting on an envelope! They often send treasures like coins from other countries, they have quite the coin collection from Grandpa David! Grandma sends treats and special prizes. One day the boys were bickering with each other and not getting along very well. When they brought the mail in and there was a small package from Grandma I told them they couldn't open it because they weren't being kind to each other! They both broke down in tears begging and promising that they would do better! They even offered to do work and to clean the bathrooms and baseboards if they could open the package!!! I didn't give in and made them wait an entire day to open the package! They had to prove that they could treat each other kind and that brothers were more important than the toys and movies they had been fighting over. Not being able to open the package was the worst punishment they could have had!!  I love to see how much they cherish their letters & I keep them safe so that one day they can cherish them as I still cherish mine. 

No comments: