Friday, December 19, 2008

Feeling The Spirit!






Well, I can officially announce that I have finally started to feel the Holiday spirit! The boys LOVED making all of the ornaments for the tree this year. I do have to admit that we did let them pick a few out at Walmart that they wanted too - James was laughing at me because he knew it was almost more than I could handle when McKay picked out red and white tinsel... My tree is usually pretty fancy - there is nothing fancy about this tree, but I have to admit that I love it. They love it too- McKay is always telling me how much he loves it and is always so proud to show it off to everyone - I think that that is what it is more about! We made glittered snowflakes out of Popsicle sticks, snowmen out of Styrofoam balls and candy canes out of pipe cleaners. This was our first year buying a tree... we have always gone and cut our own - it was a cold night and I was grateful that they had a fire to keep the kids warm.
My Mom came and stayed with us for 6 days!!! It was sooo nice to have her here - She really helped me get some loose ends tied up around here. Furniture is officialy where it goes, mirrors and pictures are hung and babies room is all put together and ready to go! We went one night while she was here to temple Square to look at the lights and then one night we went and rode the Heber City Creeper - They had it all decked out as the Polar Express - The kids LOVED it! They serve you hot chocolate and cookies and read you the story of the Polar Express - you go to the North Pole and pick up Santa Clause and he comes on the train to see the kids. Where are the pictures you ask... Well, I grabbed James new camera that we got him for Alaska so I wouldn't have to haul my big one around... It worked great! But, when i got home it was dead and I can't find the charger anywhere (probably still in Alaska!).................................. So, I need him to go an buy another one. But, the greatest part about having my Mom here was just having her here - we took it really easy - she spent a lot of time coloring and cuddling with the kids.
We have had a couple storms this week and I love the picture of my Mom and the boys watching James outside - just the three of them together! Thanks Mom we love you!
I hope you are enjoying the season!




1 comment:

Keri said...

Erin,
I am glad you found your holiday
spirit. I love the homemade
tree decorations...so cute.
You will have to post a photo of
the completed tree. I bet it
turned out so cute and the boys
will always remember it.
Merry Christmas from the Gunters.