Monday, May 2, 2011

Sunshine Sugar Scrub




I made my Mom some of this amazing Sunshine Sugar Scrub this morning before she left to head home to Idaho. It was wonderful & smelled soooooooooo good! Yes, I realize that's a lot of "o's" - but, that is how wonderful it was! I found cute little jar's just like these at the Dollar Store too! I have made a few other hand scrubs over the last year or two & I think this one is by far my favorite! Here's the recipe at Momtastic. Enjoy! 

The blog gave this advice on the scrub: Since this scrub does not have any preservatives, the shelf life is limited. The orange acts as somewhat a natural preservative, but I would say to use it up within a month. Also, like any other store-bought scrub, it does need to be stirred before each use.


***The recipe calls for olive oil. I used light olive oil because I was out of my regular. It seemed to work just fine!



No comments: