Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Iced Lemonade

I Love anything lemon... Haagen Daz Lemon Sorbet... the frozen Lemon Ice at Lagoon & Disneyland... Hot Dog On A Stick's fresh lemonade... I even buy the big 5lb bag of lemon's at Costco because I can't stand to drink plain water! I have to jazz it up with lemon! The only problem with that is that I now have little men who refuse to drink water unless it has lemon in it... Oh the things they learn!!! Anywhoo... this recipe looks divine for a hot summer day! {In all honesty I would probably drink it in the dead of winter as I sit in front of my hot fire!} And I have seriously got to find me some of those darling straws! I found the recipe over at

Ingredients:

7 whole lemons, with rinds cut off
2/3 cup sugar
3 cups ice
1 cup water
Directions:

 
Place the lemons, sugar, ice, and water into your Vitamix. With your blender on variable speed #1, begin blending. Quickly increase the speed then turn the blender to high. Blend until smooth. Serve immediately & enjoy, or pour into small plastic cups to make your own Iced Lemonade cups.

 

If you've got a high-powered VitaMix blender, you're just seconds away from an icy lemon smoothie that is as delicious as it is refreshing. If you don't have a VitaMix, you can recreate something similar by juicing your lemons first, then adding them to a regular blender with the remaining ingredients

1 comment:

Angie said...

Hey Erin, I was looking around on Etsy and found a seller named Star Haus who has some straws that look similar to the ones you liked. You might want to check it out, but it does say that they are paper straws. Not really sure how that would work out.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/starhaus?ref=seller_info