Monday, February 7, 2011

Hey There Mister!






 This little man got one to... but, he was being a grouch!
A couple weeks ago I found these darling little glasses at the DI... they were the perfect size for the little guys in my life! I wanted to make them fun... a little "boyish"! With three little men I am constantly trying to make cute things "boyish"! So, I pondered for a couple days & while I was surfing Etsy one day I came across little felt mustaches on sticks - that people could hold up to their faces... anywhoo it gave me the idea to paint mustaches on the glasses!

I simply went to Google Images & found a pattern for a cute mustache. Copied it onto my trusty freezer paper & cut out the image with my Exacto knife. I used a glue stick to adhere the stencil to the glass - it held it snug, but was easy to peel away because of it tackiness when the paint had dried. And WaHla!!!! We have cute little mustache glasses for my cute little men! They LOVE them by the way & we use them every afternoon for our after school smoothies! Somehow the glasses have magical powers.... because they make the boys not notice the spinach that is in their smoothies! They are to busy pulling funny faces with their mustaches to notice the green things floating in the glass! Hee! Hee! We as mothers have to do anything we can!

*** If & When you want to make your own little glasses... make sure you get the right paint! I bought what the clerk told me to the first time.... grrrrr.... and it was not the right stuff. Washed right off in the dishwasher. So, make sure you get a permanent/waterproof paint.

2 comments:

Moalee said...

Very cute little misters, even the grumpy one!

Angie said...

Those are so very cute!