Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Checking In

Where has the last month gone... First the computer crashed and then we had technical difficulties with the wireless for a week or two... James - who never gets sick and has never been on an anti biotic since we have been married - nor has he thrown up... got Strep throat that put him in bed for 3 days... And I spent those three days doing everything I could from keeping the boys from getting it! So far we're good there! McKay started soccer and is loving it. Because of his Birthday being in July he was put on the 1-2 grade team! He is pretty tall for his age - but, one of the smallest on his team. He did not let that intimidate him one bit and I had to remind him after his first practice that he wasn't allowed to shove kids in soccer!

We are currently in Idaho for spring break being spoiled! I honestly don't know who was more excited to come... the kids or me! We have already spent a night with Beatties, tried 5 Guys Burgers & Fries for the first time, went to How To Train Your Dragon (wonderful movie!!! However, I wasn't prepared for the end and after our last year with Travis it was a little emotional... the little boy gets hurt and they have to amputate his leg.) Lily turned 5 on Saturday and we were glad to be able to be here for her Birthday (Thank you, Thank You, Thank you Rebecca for the yummy new fabric! The Oz line is one of my favorites!), the Easter Bunny found & spoiled the boys, We spent a wonderful day at Jason & Amy's with amazing food! Grandpa helped the boys set up a tent in the living room that they have been sleeping in and using as their fort! The first night Carter told me I needed to zip it up after I kissed him goodnight because "the mosquito's will eat me alive if you don't"!

Monday Grandpa took the boys to the park to play baseball while Mom and I ran an errand... on our way back it started to rain... I was a little worried about Carter because he does not like rain. As I drove in by the park I could see that the boys were camped out in the slide trying to keep from getting wet. So, I pulled up and was trying to decide if I should go and get them or wait for it to let up a little bit. After a minute I saw Carter dart out of the slide running as fast as he could towards my parents with pure panic on his face... Then McKay went running out right after him stripping his coat off as he was running and trying as hard as he could to keep up with Carter and hold his coat above Carters head to keep him from getting wet................................. I seriously started to cry! They didn't know we were there and I hurried and opened the door and started yelling at them to get in the car. Carter got in first and McKay sat out in the rain continuing to hold the coat over Carter until he was in. The first thing McKay said to me was "Mom, I was trying my hardest to keep Carter from getting wet so he wouldn't get a fever"! I love that little man so much! We drove right to the gas station and he got to pick out a treat!

Today is Tuesday... and all of the schools here are closed because it is a snow day! Happy Spring Break!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yah! You are among the living! So glad you filled me in on the last month of your life! Glad you were able to enjoy your spring break and time with the family! Give our love to the boys!

mstokes said...

That made me tear up too! If only we could all have a big brother like Mackay! He is too sweet.