Sunday, April 18, 2010

Idaho!












Grandpa & the boys set up at tent in the living room for them to have as a fort and sleep in!




We played 5000 almost every night!
Fires in Uncle Steve (the neighbors) garden! Jennifer - Matt might recognize that shed!

At Cal Ranch to see the baby chicks
flying kites



McKay was out of school for spring break and we headed to Idaho! I was in major need of spending some time with my family! We ended up extending the trip and stayed for 10 days! Even then I felt like it had gone by way too fast! We truly got spoiled by everyone! There were multiple trips to Geraldine's for donuts, McKay got to spend a day going to "work" with Grandpa (My Dad is retired - But, he does little electrical jobs for people to give him something to do - to keep from going stir crazy!) we celebrated Lily & Grandpa's Birthday, Easter with the cousins, out to lunch, to the movies, flew kites at the church parking lot, did some shopping (thanks Mom!) & one night it even snowed so hard school was canceled the next day - which was perfect because we got to spend the day out at Jason and Amy's with the boys! James was there on the weekends and he, my Dad, McKay, Curtis, Jon, Josh and Jake spent a day fishing up at Palisades. It was a perfect week! Thank you everyone for all of the effort to spend time with us!
However, the highlight of the whole week was that on the Tuesday that we were there Travis and Emily headed up to northern Idaho to do the youth turkey hunt that they did together last year!!! Just the two of them. 10 months almost to the day of their accident. I have to admit I was quite anxious while they were gone! We were all grateful that he calls to check in a lot more than he used to! But more than anything grateful that their health has been restored back to them that allows them the ability to do these things once again! Travis has worked very hard physically to prepare himself to take Emily on this hunt. They went for the first time last year - and the pictures of them together on the hunt hung in Travis's hospital room. I remember looking at them everyday as I was there and praying that one day they would be able to do it again. How humbled my whole family is that the Lord has blessed them so abundantly. I was driving back to Logan when they called to tell me that Emily had killed her turkey! I could barely see the road I was crying so hard! I have to admit I have never been so happy to see a turkey die! But, what a huge moment it was for them... for our whole family. It's beginning to feel as if we have come full circle. I cannot express how proud I am of both of them!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin! Finally a picture of you...yep, still just as beautiful, but the hair looks better...must be the Ricky touch :0) So glad we got to see all you have been doing and how the family is! Glad you are back on the computer!

Moalee said...

Thanks for coming, I know it's not easy to travel with three little ones but we love it. Mom

Kimberly Davis said...

I love the tent in the living room...I can't wait to try it!

Your boys are growing too fast!!!