Tuesday, March 9, 2010

New Jeans

It's a bad picture... taken with my cell phone. But, you get the point. McKay earned the rest of his $12 on Friday (just in time to go skiing on Saturday) to buy his new pants! He Washed the Kitchen cupboards, washed the dining room table and chairs, cleaned the stove, vacuumed the stairs (twice), washed the banister and the baseboards, dusted, vacuumed the top floor, cleaned his bathroom, cleaned the toy room and washed the doors! So, Monday we headed to Old Navy for him to buy his new pants! But, when we got there and were checking out we found out they weren't on sale for $12 anymore! They were $19.50 - he almost died! I asked him if he wanted to go home and earn more money or go and find some cheaper pants! He quickly decided to go find cheaper pants! So, he found some nice camo pants at Walmart for $8 - he was pretty excited that he made $4 on the deal! He did tell me that he is never going to ruin a pair of his pants again! But, the thing that melted my heart was when he told me "Mom, I didn't think cleaning my bathroom was that bad... If you really don't like to clean bathrooms I would be happy to do them for you"! And true to his word he asked me this morning if I wanted him to clean his bathroom when he got home from school! Yes, he truly is amazing!

1 comment:

mstokes said...

I would have paid him $30.00 to do all of that cleaning! Because I need help cleaning my house!