Saturday, November 28, 2009

What A FABULOUS Thanksgiving It Was!

Ever since Travis and Emily's accident in June we as a family have said "Won't this years Thanksgiving be amazing"! We have looked forward to it for the last 5 1/2 months!!! And I can tell you it WAS as amazing as we had only hoped it could be! We truly are blessed to have our family together when it came so close to being so tragic... I thank you again for all of your thoughts and prayers - they have truly been appreciated more than I will EVER be able to express. This year I have truly seen miracles worked in so many different ways by so many different people. I have been touched by complete strangers that by just acting saved my brothers life to strangers that showed me such kindness as I spent weeks with him in the ICU. People who never expected anything in return and just acted out of true goodness - To these people - so many of them that I will never be able to thank... you have truly changed my life. But, to one man in particular THANK YOU for giving my family our life. Because if you had not acted as you did on June 10 my family would have had an entirely different Thanksgiving this year. I have thanked you several times... But, will truly NEVER be able to thank you enough. As you have said: "We ARE family now". I hope that I will be able to appreciate the meaning of the holidays every year as I will this year.

Travis has always taught his nephews to say "Uncle Travis is my hero"! From the moment they start to talk he is teaching it to them! We never knew it would have such a meaning as it does now. My Mom had shirts made for all the boys that they wore on Thanksgiving day that said "Uncle Travis is my Hero"! And as he realized what their shirts said and as his eyes turned red I realized once again that nothing will stop him... He truly is our hero!

In this picture Travis and Rebecca's family is the family on the left. I wish you and your family an amazing Holiday season!

1 comment:

Keri said...

What a Beautiful Photograph!!!
I bet this Thanksgiving will be
one you will always remember.
I have been thinking about you
so much with your move back to
Idaho. I want you to know how
much we love you and appreciate
your positive outlook! You are
such an example to us. So glad
you get to live near your amazing families again...Take Care...