Thursday, November 12, 2009

Oh, To Be A Child Again...






Our neighbors have this old boat junked in the back of their property. To tell you the honest truth I had never even noticed it before. Then yesterday morning I couldn't find the boys... and when I finally found them this is where they were! I told them that they had to go and ask if it was OK if they played in it. So, they both ran up to the door and my sweet neighbor made two little boys day when she said yes! Everything about their lives revolves around this boat right now! It is THE place to be! McKay had early school yesterday and when I went to call for him to come in and get ready I just couldn't do it! To see these two little boys enjoying each other and life so much just melted my heart! I decided that school could wait another day... But, today he was going to be a little boy! It wasn't even until later in the afternoon that he asked me about school!
So, other than that not too much is going on... just packing and preparing to move AGAIN! When I tell people that we are moving again I truly see the sympathy in their eyes!!!! This will be my third move in one year... The only good thing about this move is it is taking us home! So, we are trying to absorb as much warm weather as we can... Because as soon as we get back to Idaho it will be freezing cold! I took McKay to get a winter coat and he was totally confused! He said "But Mom it is still summer here"! It has been a crazy year in so many ways... Kinda one of those when it rains it pours years! With moving three times, having a baby, my Brother and Niece's accident, some family health problems, James' car accident... It has truly rained on my family as a whole this year... But, I am still choosing to look at all the beautiful things that we are blessed with! With each move I have met AMAZING people that have touched and changed my life, I have a beautiful baby boy that brings me so much joy and happiness, My Brother and Niece are both alive and as it has been a very difficult - more difficult than one can imagine - recovery for them... they WILL recover and live beautiful lives. Although James totaled our new car... He wasn't hurt and that is all that matters. My family is healthy and strong and my Boys continue to amaze me each day with their beautiful little spirits! So, I pack once again... happy to do so... Knowing that moving really is NOTHING at all when it comes down to it all! So, I just might let McKay miss another day of school so that he can be a boy once again in this fabulous weather!





4 comments:

Kimberly Davis said...

I know your moving pain..I wish you well & lots & lots of love!

Moalee said...

I remember someone missing lots of school days. I still wonder how you graduated! xoxox Mom

Erin said...

Yes Mom... But, funny how most of those days I was with you! AND I remember those days more than I remember anything I learned in school!

Bonnie Young said...

Way to have such a bright attitude Erin! You are a great example to us all! Buy big parka's for when you come home, cause it's COLD!!! Can't wait to see you, when your settled or ready for a break, let me know and we'll have a girls afternoon/night put together!