Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Feeling A Little.... Sad...

Today has been a little rough... I have been caught up in the excitement of looking for a new house, new furniture, and getting everything ready for us in Utah... But, today as I finished tying up some loose strings here it all hit... This is my home and now it is in boxes - the walls are bare, and the liveliness that was once here is now gone... After McKay left to go sleep over with my Mom and Carter was put to bed I went through each room and just let the memories of the last 7 years come flooding in... an emotional experience - But even worse when your pregnant! This is where we celebrated our first Christmas and James threw the Christmas tree down the stairs, where James and Tyler wrestled the wild kitten in the basement, where I planted my first garden, where I suffered from all of my fertility treatments to then be able to bring home two baby boys, McKay celebrated 5 Halloweens as a giraffe, lion, baseball player, pirate and superman, Where my boys took their first steps, Where I truly learned to LOVE a neighbor, Where my Dad spent HOURS with us finishing our basement, Where I have spent countless nights up with sick children, Where I ran through the screen door, Where we played "Dare" with Carson and Lacey... Where James lit the driveway on fire, where McKay learned to ride his bike... the memories could go on and on. But, I finally realized that I am not closing the book on this part of my life - I am just starting a new chapter. A new chapter with new stories - with new memories and as long as you have your Husband and your Children with you wherever you are is home.

3 comments:

Bonnie Young said...

I'm still sniffleing, we are going to miss you and your cute boys Erin. I'm glad that I got to get to know you, your a great person, and a big inspiration. Good luck in Utah and be careful, they drive crazy down there. I know I'm from there.
Love ya!!!

Kimberly Davis said...

I know exactly how you feel...We've moved 7 times, and it never gets easier! P.S. Wes wants to know what James is hunting...and why he wasn't invited...some things never change!!!

JANEAL said...

I am feeling the same way right now as I think about us moving to Utah. We are going to rent a townhome in Syracuse until we sell our house here. After that we will probably buy a house in Kaysville.