Monday, May 21, 2012

Feeling The Itch!


















When our fire happened last year James and I put our possessions in order of importance of how and when to replace them. We were each given one freebie... We could each pick one item that we could splurge on and we weren't allowed to give the other any sort of grief! Seriously, do you know how much money he can spend on a pair of skis! So, he chose to splurge on his skis and I chose to splurge on my sewing machine. And there is nothing like a little baby on the way to get you into the mood to sew! But, I have been so torn... When the fire happened we had just moved all of our stuff from storage to our garage to go through it... And because of that I lost all of my baby stuff! All of it! I don't have a thing! But, the hardest part of that is that I lost all of things that I had made McKay, Carter and Cannon when they were babies. Yes, I was a sobbing mess as I watched the Service Master men throw all my burned baby quilts into dumpsters... So, I feel bad that this baby will have all of that and my other little men won't. I wanted to save their little things and give them to them when they started their families... What do I say when I only have that for the fourth little man... Yes, I am feeling a little guilty... James assures me that the excuse of a house fire is a pretty good one! And I guess it will just give me the excuse to make all new things for grand children... But, in the present I am still trying to figure out how I feel about it... It's a process to work through. So, in the mean time I just keep making burp cloths... So far I have made 30! I better work it out pretty quick because I don't need any more burp cloths! 

2 comments:

Moalee said...

looks like you've been very busy, nice job. xoxox

Anonymous said...

Looks like they will go well with the blanket! I'm just waiting to hear a name so I can personalize it in some way! I did all blues, greens and reds! Can't wait to meet this new little man!