Friday, July 3, 2009

FINALLY!

July 1, 2009

21 long days, 3 weeks to the day of the accident Travis opened his eyes. First with his wife, then with his mother and then with me. I had spent many nights and hours upon hours during the day staring at him for any little sign that he was there. I cannot put into words the emotions that my family is feeling right now - nothing can describe it strong enough. He communicates with us by squeezing our hand and my heart truly races every time I feel his little squeeze.


I come from a small family. I only have two brothers. We are far from perfect, but we love each other. I don't think we truly knew how much we loved each other until this. My brother has held my hand through so many of my own trials and I am so glad that I can finally hold his through this. Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers for my family - we truly have been comforted because of them.

2 comments:

Kimberly Davis said...

I just got done reading your sister in laws blog and couldn't stop crying, life is so full of turns. We love you, your family and hope your brother gets well soon!! We'll keep you in our prayers & so happy for the good news!

Edwards Family said...

Wow! Erin I have been taking care of your brother tonight. He was really restless in the evening hours and kept pulling his trach out. Poor Rebecca she was trying everything. I then called the doctor and we were able to put him on 1:1 nursing and I volunteered to stay with him the rest of the night. He has slept off and on and talks nonstop. He has a long ways to go but, with faith and time he will be fine. You truely have an amazing family. My prayers are with all of you. Hope your move went well. Take care and love to you all. Steph