Saturday, January 17, 2009

Cannon Pinegar Turley

Cannon was born January 15, 2009 at 3:22 p.m. He weighed 6 pounds 8 ounces and is 19.5" long. It was a very eventful day... His heart rate kept dropping after each contraction... I wasn't too worried about it because the same thing happened with McKay and Carter. In fact, I kept reassuring the nurse that it was going to be o.k.! After the doctor broke my water the heart rate kept going lower after each contraction... With my other two boys I dilated really fast and was able to get them out without any complications. With Cannon I dilated to an 8 and stopped... So, when his heart rate was not changing the doctor decided to do an emergency c-section... I have never seen so much controlled chaos before in my life - people running everywhere - within minutes I was in the operating room... I can honestly say that I have never been so scared before in my life. The doctor was grabbing all of his tools and telling the anesthesiologist what to do when I felt a contraction starting - So, I told him that I was having a contraction and was feeling pressure... he told me to push as hard as I could and not stop and that moment Mr. Cannon Pinegar Turley was born in the operating room! Cannon was not responding like they wanted him to so they took him through to the nursery for a few minutes, but he quickly pinked up. I was very grateful when my doctor walked over and told them that his mother needed to see him and brought him back to me! I was good until that moment and then I lost it! Just like I knew I would in that moment I couldn't imagine my life without him! My doctor is a good family friend and told me that he had never before come so close to doing a c-section as he did with me and not ending up doing one! So, that's our story of Cannon's delivery day!

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures to share just yet... But, we're still in Idaho until Sunday. Once I finally get home and get my pictures downloaded I'll be happy to share!

McKay is absolutely head over heels in love and infatuated with Cannon! He holds him and just studies him and his little features. Carter was excited at first and now he doesn't quite know what to think - he doesn't really get that this baby is going home with us!

6 comments:

mstokes said...

Congratulations to all of you! What an exciting day full of lots of emotion. We can't wait to see some pictures. Were so glad to hear that all went well & everyone is healthy & well.
Trevor, Melissa & Easton
P.s. I've been wanting to invite you to my blg. Send me you Email
Melissawall_2000@yahoo.
(when you get a spare moment in the the next 6 months!)

Bonnie Young said...

That's so great Erin. I'm glad that you've finally have your little bundle and that everything went well. Good luck with everything, your a fantastic mom!

mstokes said...

Stacey forwarded me a few pictures. Oh my goodness. I printed one to show Trevor & Easton(the one that he is sucking his little finger)I have probably looked at it over 100 times. He is so cute. What a little bunndle of love! Kiss him once or twice for me!

Keri said...

Congratulations!
We are so happy for you.
What an exciting delivery
story. My heart was racing
just reading about it. I
am glad he arrived safely
and healthy. Can't wait to
see pictures of Cannon.

Angie said...

Oh he is so adorable (your mom sent pics)! What an eventful delivery. Congratulations to your family. I bet it will be nice to be back home. Take care!

Kimberly Davis said...

So happy he's finally here! Post some pictures, love the name you picked out!