Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Boys

























The boys continue to grow like weeds... and I continue to wonder how the time passes so quickly. I will be honest and admit that being the mother to three little boys is a lot of work! But, these three little boys bring me endless joy and happiness. 

I sat down several times to write a Christmas card to send out with pictures... and every time I did I was just over come with emotions and couldn't pull it together as I tried to do a re-cap of 2011! It was a crazy year. We suffered the loss of a miscarriage, had our house catch on fire & lost almost everything, moved 2 times & dealt with some pretty severe family health issues... I am grateful that I can look through all of this and see that the blessings the Lord blessed us with were so much stronger than the hardships. The miscarriage was heart breaking... But, I have three beautiful boys that many doctors told me I would never have. There were many tears to get them here and I have never once taken them for granted. I am grateful that my hardships in getting pregnant has taught me to love and appreciate them so much more! Our house did catch on fire. We did loose just about everything. But, James was in the house when the fire started and he is safe. Things are things. It has allowed us to be the recipient of so many peoples love and support. I have always loved to serve others. But, it is so humbling when so many people are serving you. We moved two times because of the fire... I really don't like to move. But, the moves allowed us to stay in the same neighborhood and ward. It kept McKay in his same class at school. The moves were worth the blessing of being able to stay in the area that we have grown to love so much. As I look back over the last year I am humbled. I am brought to tears at the blessings the Lord has blessed my little family with. I have said before that our trials are a part of our story. What we choose to do with them is what determines how we choose to live. We can't control what happens, but we can control how we handle it. I pray every day that I can handle my trials with grace.

 So, with that we are excited for the new year! Life is feeling back to normal. The boys are skiing & McKay is on a little ski team this year at Brighton. This is Carter's first year of skiing and he is already attempting every jump that McKay does! He just assumes that if McKay can do it he should be able to! He comes home each time and tells me all about his back scratcher's and 360's! I enjoy that McKay can read... I often come across him cuddled up in someones bed reading to his little brothers. It brings a lot of joy in our home! I received a new calling in our ward... Primary President! That's what happens when they ask you to teach primary and you tell them that you will teach any class but your children's! So, life goes on... and we look forward to it! 

1 comment:

Rachel S. Smith said...

I LOVE these photos! What a great update! Such a great photo session!