Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Merry Christmas!



Well, this year this is as good as it is going to get for Christmas cards... I have to admit that I got a little caught up in my Christmas sewing and just didn't get around to it like I had intended to... James informed me tonight that he is "Tired of being a sewing widow & it's time to put the sewing machine away"! Maybe when the boys Christmas pajamas are all done...



This was our best attempt at a family photo... I guess that two out of three kids looking at the camera isn't all that bad! And by the time we got to just the kids Cannon had had more than enough....


With Christmas just a couple days away the boys are more than excited. They REALLY get it this year and that makes it very fun and exciting for James and I. But, more important than that McKay really understands this year the real meaning of Christmas & for that I am even more grateful. We had the opportunity to take McKay and Carter to Temple Square last night to look at the lights. We met Jason and Kristin and their family and had a really nice evening. On our way home James asked McKay what his favorite part of the night was... It wasn't riding the Trax (which he loves) or hot chocolate and cookies (which he loves) & it wasn't even being with Gavin (who he REALLY loves!) It was "Seeing Jesus" & that was the answer that I loved!


I am grateful this year for so many things. For James & my boys, for my family, for good friends, for our health, for my Brother and Niece's lives being so miraculously spared... But, most importantly I am grateful for my Savior & I am grateful for a Father in Heaven who truly knows me and blesses me so abundantly. It has been a long year with many ups and downs... But, through it all we were blessed and I know without a doubt that the Lord has truly carried us in the hallow of His hand.


I look forward to the new year with much excitement. Life is good for my little family and I am truly grateful. I wish you all a very MERRY Christmas and I pray that you will be blessed with much love, happiness and prosperity in your lives.


Merry Christmas,

James, Erin, McKay, Carter & Cannon




4 comments:

Moalee said...

I'm so proud of the person you are. I love you very much. Mom

Edwards Family said...

Hope you had a Merry Christmas. Are you back in Idaho Falls?

Happy New Year to you and your cute family.

mstokes said...

I really hope that we can see your little family more often. You may have to wait until these bears come out of hybernation! But then we'll be rareing to go!

Kimberly Davis said...

I love your pictures!! You are so BEAUTIFUL!!!!