Monday, January 23, 2012

Worth The Wait








Carter is our money man. He loves money! But, he does not like to spend it! He is a saver.  So,  when he told me that he wanted to spend some of his money on some Nike high tops I was a little surprised. But, he thought and thought about it and decided that's what he wanted to do. So, we spent a day at the mall... looking at every pair of Nike's we could find. Nothing was perfect. And it started to be a little bit emotional for him. I told him that we could look on line.... But, the thought of having to wait a week for them was almost more than he could handle! It was a good thing Grandma Wall was with us and with her help I convinced him they would be worth the wait. So, we scoured the Internet and the moment he saw them he literally gave out a little shriek! The perfect shoes! He printed a picture of them off and showed everyone he saw the new shoes he had ordered! Even the office ladies at McKay's school! We tracked them on UPS all week and knew when they were going to deliver. This morning as he and McKay were lying in my bed I heard McKay remind Carter that his shoes were delivering today! He truly was so excited for him! I think that from the smile he has had on his face since the moment they delivered that they were worth the wait! 

1 comment:

Moalee said...

LOVE it, wish I could have been there to watch. I can just hear his little giggle as he opened them.